Sunday, May 1, 2016

1,735 kilometres walked in 52 road days on www.myworldwalk.com
What a day! What a welcome! I had breakfast with the directors of the Pedagogical Institute in Chernyakhovsk; an academy for teaching young people to become teachers. That whole morning was a wonderful experience which included a television interview, a presentation of dancers in traditional dance costumes. I gave another talk which was followed by a Q&A session with some intelligent questions. Later a large group of students walked me out of town, there were so many the institute sent out a bus to get them back to class! It was such a fun morning and I would like to thank everyone for making me so welcome and especially Catherine for organising it.
Despite my very late start I still managed to walk 44 kilometres but had to walk until 9:30pm. Tomorrow I cross to Lithuania and walk towards Kanaus. I expect to be in Lithuania for a five or six days, then Latvia for a few more and back to Russia for another five months!

No comments:

Post a Comment