Sunday, May 1, 2016

 
 
 
Total world walk distance: 1,605km (approx 1,000 miles) in 49 road days.

I am in Russia! In Kaliningrad city and am the guest of Ilya Uzhegov and his wife Tatyana! It has been a hectic 24 hours since I crossed! Yesterday I walked 23 kilometres in Poland and then after a long delay at the border I walked another 21 before I camped in a National Park at 10:30pm. Then today another 35km, much of it in rain, sleet, wind and a little sunshine. The evenings have suddenly become bitter cold, it's almost like the end of winter than an approaching summer! Today I met many nice people who stopped me on the road and even in shops that said they heard news reports on the television, radio and newspapers of my arrival! All day long people stopped to see if I needed help, my answer was always the same..
The best help you can give me is to listen to, act upon and pass on the cancer awareness message of my world walk...
Life is precious, early cancer screening saves lives. I still have a good months walking to get to Moscow!
Tomorrow I am taking a rest day to see this city, a place I have looked forward to seeing for a long time. I have some television and other interviews an also look forward to meeting Irina Reutivich, a Russian world champion ultra runner and a friend from my days in competition.


Tony Mangan's photo.

Tony Mangan's photo.
Tony Mangan's photo.
Tony Mangan's photo.
Tony Mangan's photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment