Wednesday, August 29, 2018

My world walk blog - Vietnam #1

My world walk blog - Vietnam #1


After crossing from Laos to Vietnam I walked 33 kilometres that first day. The first 24 of those were almost all downhill, what joy! 😅
There was no atm at the border and I was stuck for cash and didn't have my Vietnamese sim card but I still managed to log on at a petrol stations wifi and ate some reserve food washed down with coffee. I boiled the water using my beverage heater. 
Just as I was getting ready to walk on it started raining heavily so I waited for a while as I was pretty comfortable and dry at the petrol station.
Wildlife had been interesting on the road. Grazing water buffaloes and a tarantula!
There is a small town called Ha Tan which is about three-hours down the road. Eventually, I got to a small town and an atm and was then able to get my sim, a feed and a cheap hotel.
That day, August 27th I celebrated being on the road for two-and-a-half years.

No comments:

Post a Comment