Sunday, August 12, 2018

My world walk blog Thailand - 3



Another slow day but what the heck, it didn't rain. There was a time when I didn't get out of bed for less than a marathon 😂 Now it's hovering at 25-30 kilometres. I enjoyed the day so much and had a leisurely walk along canal and river paths for about twenty kilometres. Then I came out onto the busy route 1 towards Saraburi and walked for another hour through roadworks. If this was Australia or New Zealand they may have prevented me walking as the wide hard-shoulder was closed.
However, there were a lot of small motorbikes also going down the wrong way of the dual-carriageway.
After that slow start I stopped in Wang Noi for a chicken and sour cream and rice lunch. That set me back a whopping Euro!
Then I walked on and smilled and waved to whoever caught my eye. If they wanted me to stop I did and after a brief baby-like chat I showed them my Thai translated cancer awareness screenshot message. This is an adventure but there is also a serious side to my walk. I was delighted that so many people picked up and acted upon my message in Australia and New Zealand and now I have restarted Asia with a bang. Even if only one more life is saved, then it will be all worth it. Most of my work is done with people like these that I meet along the road. You, my reader friends are well aware of my message.

No comments:

Post a Comment