Thursday, January 24, 2019

My world walk blog - Taiwan #8

My world walk blog - Taiwan #8

Then a crazy day on after I left Chiayi when I eventually stopped for my night 
with 34 kilometres walked. It was about 9 pm when I came to a shop. The young people inside were having a great time singing on their karaoke machine. Then I was asked to sing. So I sang my party piece... Crocodile Rock ๐ŸŽน๐ŸŽธ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽน ๐Ÿ˜‚ A very bad effort with all the noise and the dogs barking and the laughing and trying to shoot the video and on the footage could even hear my GPS declaring my signal was lost.. So mental, and what a laugh.. ๐Ÿ˜‚ 
But we all had a great Laa la la la la laaaaa Laaa la la la la La la la  at the end and the dogs ran for cover ๐Ÿ˜‚
The people didn't know what happened to them. I settled down to sleep outside under the porch and they're still laughing and singing...Laah, ...Laaady.... Ladddy Lah! ๐Ÿ˜‚
Another 32 kilometres took me Tainan City. I decided to stop there for a couple of days and hang out at the Quiet Backpackers hostel. Chen, the hostel owner of this spotless sparkling hostel even goes the extra mile and each night he lays on a fruit party including some exotic red and white dragon fruit, star fruit and persimmon. He even chips in with a beer. What a great guy ๐Ÿ˜‚
At around €11 a night this place is a bargain.
Two Canadian walkers from Quebec called Alain Hรฉbert and Michel Bourgault arrived today. They plan a one-month walking trip in the country. Their an is to hire scooters which cost about €50 for a week and then walk mostly on trails and national parks. Bizarrely they know my great friend Jean Bรฉliveau the Canadian walking legend who walked 75,000 kilometres in an eleven-year world walk. They live just twenty kilometres from his home.

No comments:

Post a Comment