Thursday, January 24, 2019

My world walk blog Taiwan # 10

My world walk blog Taiwan # 10


I decided not going to walk a full circle of Taiwan. Instead, I walked it from north to south route and finished Taiwan in the most southern point of the island. That was a change to my original plan for the full lap. I made that decision as I developed a sore foot and the backpacking had become a slog. Had I made that decision before I left Taipei I could have taken Karma as the dangerous tunnel and narrow roads are on the east coast of the island. North/South was fine with me. I still crossed the island and a full lap was an unnecessary extra. 
The days were also very hot and humid ca 30°C and walking five-kilometre segments were so enduring.  I will be alright once I get to the bottom of the island. I miss my lovely marvellous Karma to push all my gear. I can't wait to push her around again.

Thanks to a kind man who stopped on the road to give me a bag of delicious exotic fruit. Also to a lovely lady who bought me a big bag of tissues 😂

She said, "I didn't know what to buy you!"

I said that the tissues are just fine as I will cry my eyes out once you are gone 😭😂

People were so, so good! Then a Harley Davidson biker, a kind-hearted soul called Jeffrey Hsieh offered to drop my heavy backpack off at a 7-11 store down the road. He kindly sponsored my lunch and especially my coffee addiction where we met at a roadside coffee stall.
I had the Pacific Ocean and the mountains in my sights.

No comments:

Post a Comment