Thursday, January 24, 2019

My world walk blog - Taiwan #6

My world walk blog - Taiwan #6

As mentioned in my previous post that I promised  MJ Lim that I would wait for him to bring over breakfast to me and what a spread it was. 😂 As always in the morning my brain is so slow that I forgot to take a photo, sorry. Thank you my friend for your extreme kindness and arranging the place for me, to sleep 😂🍀
Out on the road it was a glorious sunny day and for about the first ten kilometres I walked on more minor roads and away from the m,adness of the highway. Usually when I revert to backpacking for a short period it takes me a week to get used to my unfamiliar back burden. This time I'm carrying a foam mat as my air mattress is a bit bulky. I found a novel way to pack it, around my pack and held on with a bungee cord, see photo. My coat is also pretty heavy and cumbersoit'sto carry as for the moment its too warm. Perhaps I will need it for the mountains in a couple of weeks. I transport it by trying the sleeves around my chest and holding it secure with my backpack straps. Since I did that I have been clipping along a little more comfortably. 
It's always nice to meet refreshing and enthusiastic people and I met two on the road today. Sam who is a chef student said my walk has inspired him and he says I have the coolest job 😂 
Speaking of cool. It's always nice when a thoughtful person stops me on the road with water. It shows thst they care even if we don't speak a mutual language we are all the same, we bleed the same, have the same desires and needs. This man gave me ice cold water which was straight from his freezer. When I get water like that I always drink it immediately and enjoy it's coolness as it would be a waste to just let it warm up. Anyway, it was a leisurely 18-kilometre trample over to Guandting today. That night my plan was to check out a small park in a small town and pitch my tent.

No comments:

Post a Comment