Thursday, January 24, 2019

My world walk blog - Taiwan #4

My world walk blog -  Taiwan #4

Thanks to Eric Ferguson and his lovely Taiwan wife Yujie and their children Alexius and Lylibeth for massive help. Also for helping me get my Taiwan sim card which I was having trouble getting.

Eric is originally from California and now living in Taichung where he works as an English teacher. The previous day I finished my day in Sanyi and as luck would have it they were driving back from Taipei after a family day out. I wasn't due to arrive at their place until the following day but then I got the bright idea that they could pick me up at the OK convenience store and then the next day  I got the train back to walk the 31 kilometres to their house without my backpack.  So I stayed with them for another night. Thanks so much. We are having a great time. Yujie heard about me when one of her Taiwan friends who stopped to offer me water last April in Queensland, Australia. This person had been quietly following me and tipped off Yujie the day I arrived in Taiwan and their kind offer of help went out toIme. I was most impressed when i saw the translation that my cancer awareness message is being relayed around the world on a Facebook group post with over 1,500 likes. Please see below. It just goes to show the great help the cards are that I hand out. I have to thank Scott Richards for them. 
" I met a bloody Irishman who is walking around the world.
I moved from Queensland to the Northern Territory about half a year ago, driving on a road with no signal and very boring in the desolate interior, and the car was dry and hot with a bunch of annoying flies.
Far from seeing a figure, walking alone on the road... I thought it was wrong. After a few seconds, I went back and took the car and turned it to the side of him. I stopped the window and handed it down. A few bottles of mineral water, talk to him a few words.
He took out the business card and handed it to us: Thank you very much for your help. My job is to “walk around the world”. This is my Facebook and website, which aims to promote the early treatment of cancer.
Finally, we left each other after saying goodbye to each other...
Since his website will show his current location and mobile path, he will also share his current status on Facebook.
After that, he walked from Queensland to Darwin and then flew to Thailand to go to China and then boarded a boat to Taiwan.
He arrived in Taiwan today!
If you have a chance to meet this man in Taiwan, you can say hello to him.
This is his website, you can also follow Facebook.


No comments:

Post a Comment