Thursday, January 24, 2019

My world walk blog - Taiwan #7

My world walk blog - Taiwan #7

From the suburbs I walked into Chaiyi City, Taiwan and the last three kilometres of 2018. A local man Alan Chiu who had been following me came out for a chat.
 
I had a double booking as I had booked a night in a homestay. However, Alan kindly booked me a room into a hostel!
The problem was solved by staying at the hostel that night and an email to Stanley at the homestay who kindly allowed me to change the date of my paid booking New Years night. That means a rest day in Chiayi City. I'm having a great time at Stanley's homestay. 
The staff at the Travel Art Inn Hostel sure made me welcome and what a wonderful breakfast buffet which was included. Before I left I signed my name and cancer awareness message 'that Life is precious and early cancer screening saves lives' for posting on their notice board. The New Years Eve was a pretty dull affair. I just hung out in a bar did the count down and went back to my hostel. 
The next night I slept beside a temple near Dazhuang. It was a strange restaurant which was inside an aircraft hanger type building and there were dozens of people preparing food. Perhaps it was a New Year's community event with the Buddhist Temple.  It's times like this that I miss out on not being able to speak the lingo. Thanks to the lovely ladies there for a delicious breakfast before I marched on to Chiayi
I clocked out at the end of the year with 27,311 kilometres walked for 797 road days. I began this global walk on February 27th 2016.

I remember this time last year I was the very last customer of 2017 into a fish 'n' chip shop in New Zealand 😂 They told me I was the strangest customer they had all year. I wish I had those fish & chips now, lol! 😀

No comments:

Post a Comment