Sunday, August 27, 2017

I knew I was doing something wrong ðŸ˜‚
Thirty kilometres in over six hours today ðŸ‘£ðŸ‘£
And he says start walking to the shops! Well it's taken me four days to walk from the supermarket in Hay to the BP Road house in Darlington Point ðŸ˜…
16,867 kilometres for 440 road days. 
On Sunday it will be a year and a half since I set off from Ash Senyks Run-Logic running shop in Dublin. To celebrate I am looking forward to meeting Phil Essam, president of the WRA world runners association. He is driving out from Canberra, the Australian capital to crew me for the day. I should be past Derrandera and on the road towards Wagga Wagga. The WRA also advise and offer guidelines and ultimately verification to world runners and also world walkers who have kept the rules for a global slog! Am also hoping that enthusiastic supporter Stephen Dau can join us.
It's about two weeks to Canberra where I plan to take a mini break from the road. I plan to have some quality time with some extra special friends. I am seriously humbled to have been invited to say a few words on stage at the Run Nation Film Festival in Canberra on 7th Sept. Also want to spend time with Phil and have a commitment with Canberra's Scouts. And last but by no means least a bit of catch up time with my -ex Mary, ðŸ˜…my very first girlfriend who mysteriously ended up in Dubbo! I will be making a side trip there. Michael Gillan, my old crewman spent many a night laughing over campfires saying: "Tony your walk is going to end in Dubbo, It's got a great ring to it, Dublin to Dubbo ðŸ˜…" Well it's not! It's going on ðŸ˜€ 
So, once I reach Canberra, in all I could be off the road for anything up to a couple of weeks.
What's this article about, Ah! Yes walk faster ðŸ˜…👣👣

No comments:

Post a Comment