Sunday, August 27, 2017

Tony Mangan added 3 new photos — feeling excited.
2 hrs · 
Thanks to my great friend Phil Essam for coming out to see me today. I was delighted to meet him for the very first time. We have been great mates and have exchange thousands of emails and messages in the twelve years we have known each other. Twelve years ago when Denmark's Jesper Kenn Olsen was nearing the end of his world run I offered to crew him across Ireland. At that time Phil was helping Jesper with some logistics and he subsequently became a close friend. This internet is so strange, as I never met Phil before, but I feel he is a real close mate for he also became an advisor of sorts and an ear when I needed it during much of my competitive career. For which I am so grateful!!! Thanks Phil! As I mentioned in my last post he is also the president of the World RunnersAssociation WRA and he took the opportunity to scrutinise my log book ( for authentication of my world walk reasons) Mates or not we all passionately strive for transparency and integrity. Anyone who attempts a world journey will obviously have the support and enthusiastic comradeship of the WRA, but only those that follow the rules in an honest manner.
Thanks Phil and thanks to our Canberra friend Stephen Dau for sending his support and to his wife for the delicious Vietnamese rice lunch she sent with Phil ðŸ˜€ðŸ˜‡
I still manage 30 kms and finished in a hamlet called Galore; James Bond fans don't laugh ðŸ˜… lol
I stopped at a house to ask permission to camp. A nice man called Ken brought me inside for a few drinks and we had lol ðŸ˜€
On the road today I met a nice lady called Pat. She gave me the phone number of her Irish son-in-law, originally from Dublin. His name is Darren and now he lives in Wagga Wagga, 58 kms away. So we exchanged a few texts. He was so friendly and invited me to stay in his place when I arrive on Tuesday night. Well, with world walker cheek I suggested that he could commute me tomorrow night also. And he was up for it! Thanks Darren ðŸ˜€ðŸ‡®ðŸ‡ªðŸ‡¦ðŸ‡º So I don't have to push Karma my cart on Tuesday when I walk to his house from my commute point.
Tonight I had a great chat with Ken who told me that two Swedish skateboarders camped at the very same spot I am at tonight outside his house. Strangely they also stopped to ask him. Those lads were going from Perth to Sydney and pulling their gear in a cart as they skated! Next day the lads met a European cyclist and told them to stop at Kens place, and he didn't!
The hamlet of Galore has seven residents. A church was recently sold for just $30,000! Why so cheaply, because who wants to live in a church I was told. I was thinking it would have made a great backpackers hostel, so too did Ken but he was unaware of the sale ðŸ˜‚
Hoping to get some photos soon! Phil can you please post them?!😀
I am going to walk on to Yass and take a short break from the walk to spend time with special friends. Them I will walk onto Sydney ðŸ˜€ðŸ‘£ðŸ‘£

LikeShow more reactions
Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment