Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Mongolian reunion

Walking with Andi Bu for a few days. He is from Germany and we met in Mongolia last October. We still laugh at the time when I was sitting at the side of the road in a snow storm drinking a cup of tea. Andi said I also had a big smile on my face and was eating a Snickers bar! He just happened to be on a family holiday in Australia and went to enormous trouble coming over to walk with me. He spent almost two days on a bus, train and hitch-hiking from Brisbane. 
Today due to heavy rain we stopped after only two hours walking when we arrived at a nice campsite in Lake Cullulleraine to dry out. Yesterday we crossed to Victoria state and as all states have fruit quarantine regulations we dug into some fruit that a previous traveller dumped before crossing from South Australia state. By the way, said latter state is the driest state in the driest country in the world. Interestingly, we also met the new roadhouse manager for Balladonia roadhouse on the Nullarbor. I mentioned that the previous manager refused to fill up my thermos when I was there. He took note and said that would not happen under his watch; Karma, I guess! 
I have an issue with my iPhone and hopefully that will dry out too

No comments:

Post a Comment