Thursday, August 31, 2017

Leaving Wagga Wagga I busted my front axle. Luckily I was literally across the road from a bicycle shop! Thanks to Mark Westerman
in Wagga Cycles who despite a busy workload got me going again. After 26 kms I made it to a farm and thanks to Jock for letting me camp on his land. He wa beaming as Amy his wife had just given birth to a little girl. For Jock it was back to shearing sheep when I departed this morning, so sorry I have no photos of him  



😂

I was only a couple of kms up the road when I was stopped by an Irishman called Tim Carroll. He is from Waterford an amazingly a friend of my friend Sinead Kane ðŸ˜…🇮🇪 He works as an oil and gas sales rep and has worked all over the world, including Iraq! We had a nice chat and before I departed Tim told me about how he was working in Mosul when so-called Islamic State arrived there. I am looking forward to another chat when we get to Sydney as he says he wants to bring me out for a 'fattening up feed' lol ðŸ˜… thanks also to Tim for his generous help towards my world walk fund!
Arriving in a picturesque town called Junee I stopped at the Locomotive bar. The towns population of about 2,500 is set against the backdrop of historic railroad relics and the Southern Hemispheres only rounded operational railroad round room, so I'm told. Every town has to have a unique claim in Australia! It seems that Junee has two, for my friend Phil Essam tells me there is a haunted house here. I guess so, for I can't even open the link he sent me about it ðŸ˜…


I spotted a sign saying fish n chips and salad was on the menu😀 However, the kitchen was closed and the wonderful Sarah Landrigan not only cooked it for me; but she generously sponsored me my lunch and a bag of delicious bakery products for the road ðŸ˜€Thanks Sarah! Strangely she said it was this very mornin, the day of my arrival on foot that she chose to walk to work for the first time in living memory  

😅👣👣
 

So, I dedicate this day; Day 445 of my work walk to Sarah!
With luck and extra motivation I might get to Illabo tonight and Cootamundra tomorrow ðŸ‘£ðŸ‘£ðŸ˜€

No comments:

Post a Comment