Wednesday, December 19, 2018

My world walk blog/ China Part 2/ blog #43

My world walk blog/ China Part 2/ blog #43


My world walk blog/ China Part 2/ blog #43
Another day I clipped along Chinas busy route G324 in eastern Guangdong province. I stopped at a store for snacks and watched a piece of a Chinese movie and marvelled at how when they shoot movies here that they make the roads out to be almost like a spin through Beverley Hills and all so civilised! In the movies one never sees a passenger bus pulling out in front of an oil tanker or playing chicken with a speeding truck. Or overtaking in the inside and in the hard shoulder where pedestrians, bicycles and small motorcycles are. Or coming down the highway on the wrong side 😂 I mentioned before that pedestrians are legally bound to walk with traffic to their back. What tosh! I want to see what bedlam is coming towards me as I don't have eyes in the back of my head. Only Indian drivers are worse! When it comes to dangerous driving Indians are in a super league of their own!
Anyway, I managed 31 km of this madness and made it to a small town called Ketang. The first hotel I went to had the cheapest room advertised as €30 and that was not an option. However, I showed my prepared Chinese screenshot requesting the cheapest room and I was pleasantly surprised when I was offered one at a quarter of that rate as it was a small room with just a 1.2-metre bed. That did the trick and when I brought Karma up to the second floor in the elevator as I always try to do and it was a huge effort to wiggle her in as the room was kind of a small cutoff. The room was just a small space between the elevator and the wall and when I want to go into the shower or out the door I have to step over Karma. I figured this room is probably only rented out when the hotel is full or if someone requests it. As mentioned in previous blogs, always ask for a cheaper room even in expensive places  No problem as all I wanted was a bed and a shower. Another day sorted. Current temperatures are a pleasant 25C.

No comments:

Post a Comment