Wednesday, December 19, 2018

My world walk blog/ China Part 2/ blog #42

My world walk blog/ China Part 2/ blog #42



Sorry for falling behind in this blog. I delayed because I missed three or four days walking through Hong Kong and then the first week walking in mainland China. Part of the delay for getting these updates up was because I had hoped to write up the missing ones first but I never did. It's a bit hard to motivate myself to write old stuff. I have the notes so hopefully some day I will! 

My world walk blog/ China Part 2/ blog #42

I reached the town of Jilong and achieved another important requirement for the World Runners Association. 
The WRA who provide the most credible rules and guidelines for a circumnavigation of the world. They stipulate that the minimum distance for a world walk or a world run be 26,232 kilometres. What this actually means is that had I not chosen a long route that I would have been at Dublin's suburbs right now 😂
Then I walked on and due to my late start and many stops I had only amassed only 27 kilometres by dusk. Stopping at a restaurant which I figured might have accommodation attached I went in for a refreshment. No sooner had I sat down when the friendly owners invited me over to have a meal with them. I had a nice Google Translate chat with the people and one of the men took a keen interest in my walk for he translated my cancer awareness world walk message card with his translate app.
I was told there was a basic room upstairs and after I paid the lowest rate so far, (€2.50/about $3) they insisted upon refunding me and strongly refused my dinner payment. Such lovely people. Thank you all so much. 💚🍀

No comments:

Post a Comment