Saturday, June 18, 2016

June 16th,2016  News Story...

A funny news story thanks to Vasiliy for this, I enjoyed it =D
 
Russian readers please click on the link below. For all others there is a Google Translate below the Russian link
http://www.tatar-inform.ru/news/2016/06/15/508441/

Irish athlete kicked off in Dublin on 27 February and today came to Kazan at 17:51.

(Kazan, June 15, "Tatar-Inform", Alsu Safina). Famous Irish adventurer Tony Mangan today reached the capital of Tatarstan. On the highway M7 to the city on the way he was met by a local support group of sports and geographic association "marathon" headed by Ildar Vafin. Tony Mangan stay in Kazan, one day, and then continues his journey in Tatarstan.
"We learned from our friends that Tony is on world walk and will pass through Kazan, we decided to meet him, help him, - said the president of the association, a member of supermarathon« Kazan - Brussels. Universiade 2013 "Sergei Rodygin. - We would like to express our solidarity with Tony Mangan, moreover, that noble idea "at the heart of his journey.
"I have a great time in Russia since the beginning of my trip around the world this is my favorite country. The people here are very hospitable, they talk to me, inviting home, and I like it - the traveler said. - I'm not a tourist, do not go to watch historical sites and monuments that are dead. I stop to chat with real live people. Russian people are quite friendly, but drivers are a little crazy, so I need to be careful. "
As it turned out, Tony Mangan knows a few words in Russian: "Princess" (his favorite word), "Angel", "thank you" and "hello", and for communication uses Google translator, while maintaining the program translated from English into Russian issues and phrases which he uses most often. Many, by the way, are written with humor. For example, when meeting with a girl he could call her back to walk to Mongolia with him.
The Irishman said that he had no problems with the police and traffic police. "Often I feel that I do not exist - they don't attention to me" - he said.
All of his few belongings, Tony Mangan pushes in a cart which he calls Karma "Here I have a tent, and here is my sleeping bag. This is insect repellent - ( he showed me) - I also have a spare clothes, appliances, thermos, and a bit of food. "
As a screen saver on his phone the Irishman's photograph captures the moment where, when, after a run around the world mileage which he finished in 50,000 kilometres when he crossed the finish line holding the right and left hands of his mother and sister. "In the middle of my run around the world my mother, who was ill with cancer, told me:" Do not stop, finish for me, "She lived for another 5 months after the finish and died 15 months ago - said Tony Mangan!. - She was very healthy, and ate healthy food, fruit and vegetables she was active, and her illness was a surprise for us. She said that if she had gone earlier to the doctor, she could have been alive today. So my message I want to convey to people - you need to diagnose cancer as early as possible, so we should go to our doctors and get checked, it will save your life! ".
Tony Mangan started walking on February 27 from Dublin. The whole trip will take him about 3 years. " So far it is almost 4 months, about 10 percent of the way" - he said.
At the moment, the Irishman has walked about 3,700 km. After Tatarstan Mangan's route will run through Ufa, Chelyabinsk, Krasnoyarsk and Irkutsk in Mongolia, China. "Where will I go next, I will decide soon, But, probably, it will be Cambodia, then maybe I will go on to Singapore, Australia and New Zealand, and then - in Japan, the United States and back to Europe ", - he told about the plans of Tony. Every day he walks about 42 km, sometimes 50-55 km.
Tomorrow Tony continues his global walk. "We will accompany him beyond Kazan, about Chistopol. After that, other guys Tatarstan will support him to the border with Bashkiria ", - said Ildar Vafin.
It should be noted that Tatarstan next year had planned an interesting project. "We want to run through the north from Kirkenes (Norway) via Murmansk to Nakhodka. By the time it would take 286 days. This will happen in about a year, until then the need to solve a lot of problems, including material and technical issues ", said Ildar Vafin.
Ирландский спортсмен стартовал из Дублина 27 февраля, а сегодня дошел до Казани.
tatar-inform.ru
 
Thanks for coming out Antoh!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment