Saturday, June 18, 2016

June 11th, 2016

Look what I found! Can you believe it an Irish baseball cap in the middle of nowhere in Russia! No more being called Italian for me :)
 
And even though there was an English one too they are not special stock for the European soccer championships which started yesterday. My cap was marked as " Top Fashion! "
So I tell you, I am a high fashion world walker roller now!

Then I had to borrow Marina to model the English hat! There was no Russian hat, and they play England tonight! To keep everyone happy I predicted 1-0 to Russia! I know that will make Johnny Good very happy! Yes Johnny unfortunately she was only a loan and it was heartbreaking but I have returned Marina :(
But the English hat, was easy to return,
but not the Irish one =D
Today I have 34km so far and had a tough time going through a 13km construction zone some of the workers stopped to talk to me one called Leon showed me a photo and an article he had just seen about me on the internet. Later when he was on the way home the company bus stopped, Leon tried to give me money, I refused but was grateful for the water the lads in the minibus gave me as I had run dry, it was a hot day! 45km yesterday, Friday, okay I need another two or three hours tonight, gotta walk and get some road dust on my new hat! Come on Ireland =D

 
Ps 49 km walked today


 
 


 

Total for 92 road days: 3,492 kilometres.
Saturday 49km I finished at 11pm and camped at a petrol station at km post 625 east of Moscow.
Sunday 52km from km 625 to km 677. I started late and walked until almost midnight and am camping at the Tatneft petrol station just North of Tsivilsk, 124km from Karzan





No comments:

Post a Comment