Wednesday, March 28, 2018

My world walk blog Australia 54  

Kangaroos up close...


Thanks so much to Donna and Nicole and Cameron for their generosity. They are the  owners of the Baralaba Hotel and sponsored me a complimentary bed and breakfast 😀
24 km walked as far as Baralaba. So many people stopped that day that I was overwhelmed with offers of water. Thanks to Scott for bringing some of my heavy baggage on ahead. He was disappointed that he didn't meet me the day before as I passed his farm. I camped in a forest just down from him. 26kms  walked yesterday. 
Just before the entrance to the town I was excited when I saw two kangaroos who let me get within eight metres of them and I managed to take some decent photos and shoot great video. 
Then another night I am so thankful to the Duaringa Hotel in Duaringa for a lovely nights accommodation! 40 km walked on Friday and the day before 30 That day I was rescued from the rain by Kas and Barbara who are originally from Poland and have been living here for 50 years. They call Australia the land of opportunity and wanted to get as far away as possible from communism and arrived with just a suitcase and nothing else. She came with her family aged about three and they only met when she went back for a holiday aged 25. They married. Kas was a mechanical engineer and made a total career change owning many business and he just sold some off for six and a half million dollars. They gave me a bed for the night and two delicious bowls of what tasted like Dublin Coddle stew, just like mam and sister Ann used to make me 😂
Thanks to Josh who is bringing Karma on ahead to Dingo town so as I don't have to push her that day. I presumed there are a lot of dingos in the area, sadly I passed a dead one on the road the day before.

No comments:

Post a Comment