Wednesday, May 22, 2019

China Blog #62

China Blog #62

Friday, February 22nd and another 35 kilometres took me a pretty town called Siqan. Having checked into a hotel I was astonished when I was given my money back! Jackie a 35-year-old man who is the owner's son spent nine months cycling 20,000 kilometres around China a few years ago. So his family insisted on doing this as they saw me as an opportunity to repay the hospitality Jackie had received. He works as a guide and I was even treated to a tour of the local attractions before I departed. Thank you all so much for a lovely time and such wonderful memories 😂🍀😍

Three years walking around the world today Feb 27 😂👣🚶 
28,134 kilometres which is about 17,500 miles in 829 actual road days. 
Thanks from the bottom of my heart 💚 to every single one of you who has helped me or encouraged me or supported me. Thanks to those who have given me a bed, a meal, a snack, a drink of water, a friendly word or who have sponsored a day.🍀
 Special thanks to my great friend Richard Donovan for his fabulous help and to my webmaster Scott Richards. I'm so grateful for this and I would not have the website if it wasn't for Scott. He built it two days before I started the walk as I wasn't going to bother. Please see www.myworldwalk.com 
Thanks a million to my long-suffering sister Ann Salmon 😘 who has taken care of many issues for me back in Ireland and I often wonder how I would manage without her great help. Thanks to the wonderful selfless Michael Gillan who crewed me for almost three months in Australia 😂
Thanks to Tina King-Garde Tee Kay Gee and Benjamin Kniebe 

Please remember my message that Life is precious and early cancer screening saves lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment