Wednesday, May 22, 2019

China Blog #57

China Blog #57


A pleasant 30 kilometres day followed and thankfully the weather improved. It was February 11th and a Christmas tree was still erect outside Lianjiang church. 
When I made my first rest stop a woman in her padded pyjamas said she always wanted to go to Beijing and was tempted to walk with me. Then her husband came over! 😂
When I stopped at a store for a snack I was told that they couldn't give my phone a quick charge up as they had no sockets to spare. However, a woman offered to charge it up in her house which was five doors away. It was a bit embarrassing when I was leaving as she just told me to mosey on over to her house to pick up myself. As I walked into the house an elderly neighbour who was sitting outside threw her suspicious eye over me when walked back out with the phone and charger in my hand for her to see 😂
No, honestly I didn't burgle the house! 

I continued along route G104 and when I came to Xianglo village I stopped for a snack. There was a nice bench outside the store and when I asked to sleep I was taken over to a community hall where people were playing board and card games. A woman called Lu Lu Yu  was helping me with the translations and I had a nice evening chatting to some locals before I lay my sleeping bag and air mattress down on the community hall stage to end a memorable day.

No comments:

Post a Comment