Friday, February 23, 2018

My world walk blog New Zealand 22 "My return to walk extra in Australia."



My return to walk extra in Australia.
My immediate plans are to walk some more in Australia. After a short break, I want to continue walking from where I left my Australian route almost three months ago:  I now expect to start burning leather on the road on Wednesday, 28th Feburary from  near Toowoomba City which is near Brisbane. I will walk to Mt Isa and then continue on to Darwin. Depending on my exact route it will be in the region of 3,600 kilometres. See last map below for rough route plans. This is all extra walking on the Oceanic continent. Before that, I will take a short rest break and use that time to catch up on some other commitments.
After Darwin, I will return to East Asia for more extra walking (I have also walked Asia.) That's a long, long way ahead for someone who likes to live in the moment. All I know is it will be shortly before my six-month Australian visa expires on August 14th. Another reason I'm taking this short break as it's still hot in Queensland and besides I have so much time on the Aussie visa. I will wait a bit before rushing back to my route.
New Zealand stats: 1,603 kilometres walked in 60 road days. Please see my last two maps which Benjamin, my map man in Berlin kindly provided.
Total: 20,088 kilometres in 558 road days.

No comments:

Post a Comment