Sunday, July 10, 2016


June 30th, 2016

I stopped at a bus shelter to make some porridge. As the brand was so plain I bought a huge jar of apricot jam to flavour it, however I couldn't open the jar! A few km back I found a phone on the side of the road and planned to hand it in at the next truck stop. Just then this man stopped and asked if I had seen a phone! It was a joy to see the look on his face and the only reward I would take was for him to open my jar of jam with his can opener on his Swiss Army knife! =D
Meanwhile I am having yet another slow start to my day as it's 14:40 and only 13k have been walked, as always I am a second half performer!
I have also taken to singing on the road! I figure with all this time that if I was a snooker or darts player and practising all those hours I would be good and I thought long and hard about what use I can put to these long hours! However it's not working out and the crows fly away, people are scared and run away or move away from me :( But as my great friend Rosie Swale Pope said to me in a message that when she ran across Russia it kept the bears away! So for me to hit the right notes I have to walk longer and longer days 


Thursday, 30th I walked 49km and finished 12km from Ufa. I finished after midnight, A long day, 2:20 am and I am settling down to sleep in my cosy tent =D
The nights are nice and mild, I don't use my sleeping bag anymore, just my thin bivy. Perhaps that will change in the mountains next week! Update: 4,150 km for 107 road days  


No comments:

Post a Comment