Sunday, July 10, 2016

June 30, 2016

The forest has been left behind. Now just endless fields of grain and grass with just small clusters of trees. Some times I talk to the farm workers and anyone that wants to have a baby talk chat! No doubt forestry will be back again. For now I am walking on a very busy two lane highway and mostly in the gravel. Asia and the Ural Mountains are getting closer. Thanks to Samir who saw me being refused camping on the grass behind the petrol station in Kushnarenkovo. This was my first such refusal in all of Russia. He kindly offered me a bed. He drove and I walked to his family home and even if it was 1.5km (there and then again back in the morning) and off my route after a 47 km day I very much appreciate it, Spacibo my friend. Earlier in the evening a nice lady who worked in the supermarket and I had been using my google translate on; well she came back with her husband after closing time. I had been having a laugh with her asking her to walk to Mongolia but not to tell her husband as he will kill me and she will be sad! When they returned they also offered me a place but it was just too far and I had to decline :( Not sure if he kept an axe handy! What a nice town! Yes I know, I am in a sad way, but having such fun! Please see a sample of my google translate messages in photo comments!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment