Monday, February 4, 2019

My world walk blog - The Philippines #3

My world walk blog - The Philippines #3


The Philippines #3 
   
Next day Sunday and obviously Francis being a missionary we went to his local Baptist Church Sunday service. That and the long Bible study session took up the whole morning. On the way out one of the congregation asked me how I found the service! 
"Ah, Francis brought me!" Lol 😂 was my reply.
Then we went for pizza with his family. 
So it was another short and slow crawl of a day walking up steep mountains. We walked through villages where children came out to cheer us an. They waved and smiled as was also the case in all if south-east Asia. It was an interesting observation as to how this was rarely the case in China, a much more reserved society. 
 Because of our late start, I'm almost embarrassed to report the distance walked that hilly day was only 10 kilometres but we were walking in the mountains. 
That night I paid about three Euro for us and we slept in a restaurant. I slept on a bench and Francis on some chairs which he pulled together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment