Monday, May 14, 2018

My world walk blog Australia 69 - Leaving Mount Isa - Only to return.


Leaving Mount Isa - Only to return. 

I only walked 18 kilometres today! That was because I did a commute back to Mount Isa! Bill very kindly offered me a complimentary night in his lovely Townview Hotel. He is Kim-Maree's boss, and has taken a keen interest in my world walk. Tuesday I will return to my route and will walk on towards Camooweal and ultimately Darwin with a tinge of sadness. 
Mount Isa has given me the most unbelievable reception I have ever received in my long travel career. So many people took time out of their busy schedules to reach out to me. What can I say?
I need just 23 kilometres to register my 22,000th of this global walk. Thank you from the bottom of my heart to everyone for making all this possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment