Tuesday, January 31, 2017

11/23/2016

Tuesday was a rest day.
Many thanks to Larry Doherty who generously sponsored my two night stay and meals in Zhurihe 😀 Larry kindly pressed the sponsor a day button on my website www.myworldwalk.com

Today, Wednesday I only walked 22kms after a late start. Then, after two kms I got a puncture and popped on my quick release spare wheel. I always like to repair the spare asap. It looks like there are no services for the next 160 kilometres and its bitterly cold with snow in the hard shoulder. Sometimes, I have to walk on it as now the road is a two lane secondary road. When I got to a rare house I thought it best to ask to go inside to repair my spare tyre as its too cold at the side of the road. When I finished, the nice people said I can sleep there. So, that's it for today! I think in this weather it's prudent not to be chasing miles; keep the smiles and to take advantage of safe and warm areas to finish. I settled down to sleep on my air mattress beside a warm radiator!

No comments:

Post a Comment