Wednesday, January 8, 2020

China Blog #83

China Blog #83

China has been walked! I stepped into the Yellow Sea at Kowloon Park and just beside my ferry for South Korea.
Thank you China from the bottom of my heart for a wonderful experience. I geniunely wonder if any other adventurer has had the insight and quality of experiences that I have been blessed to be selected for! 
Thanks to these two men who were wondering what I was doing today at the seafront. They kindly obliged with my finishing photo and then an even bigger favour when I asked them to walk across the sand to take one of me in the water 
Then they shook the sand out of their shoes and waved me goodbye. A dry pair of shoes and socks for me.
Time for a celebratory beer before the overnight ferry to Incheon, South Korea.
Before I boarded I had an hour of hassle at the ticket office and they even called Korean immigration. I have no idea why as a visa or onward ticket is not a requirement. I noticed that my China record seemed to be on the ticket agents computer. I even saw a picture of Karma, my cart on her screen. I wonder who took that as if it was one of the hundreds of millions of surveilance cameras that China has then I should have been in it. 
  Then I discovered that there was no sailing to Incheon that day as it was cancelled. Instead I decided on a port thats about two extra days walking away from Seoul called Pyeongtaek. I just wanted to get going that day instead of waiting for the other ferry and going through the bureaucracy again

No comments:

Post a Comment