Wednesday, January 8, 2020

China blog #72

China blog #72

 A 33-kilometre day to Huangqiaozhen. Followed by a 37 km day when I slept under a motorway flyover 😂 So many friendly people stopped to greet me as I walked on some backroads. 
At one rest stop I smiled over at a young woman who was a customer in a petrol station and next moment she came over to my table and squeezed me into a corner and wanted my contact details lol 😂🍀
I escaped with my noodles intact 😂👣🚶

Three more days along route S229 when I walked 44, 29 and 19 kilometres to reach Yancheng. Much of it was walked on stretches which were being widened. As mentioned before I'm taking a break from the road for three weeks when I return to Ireland on Wednesday 27th March (2019) I fly from nearby Shanghai.   I reached Yancheng on Sunday afternoon and took a bus back to Wuxi where once again I am staying with my great friend and super generous host Don Kenny. We enjoyed two great nights out on the town! 
Don, originally from Ohio, USA has been living here for twelve years. He is a marathon runner and likes to fit marathons in on his business trips. He has his own steel export company and mainly concentrates on the scaffolding sector. Donald Trump's steel tariff has become an issue for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment