Monday, June 4, 2018

My world walk blog - Australia 73 Arriving at the Barkly Homestead Roadhouse


Arriving at the Barkly Homestead Roadhouse
It's Saturday afternoon and I have just picked up my first mobile phone signal since Avon Downs on Tuesday morning. I made a big push and made up a day to arrive here today, reason below.
Currently, I'm just seven kilometres from the Barkly Homestead roadhouse. Signal-wise it will be like this for the next three or four weeks.
Anyone who worries about my safety can follow my progress by pressing the Spot tracker link on my website. I typically press the track button every ten kilometres and at the end of each day please see www.myworldwalk.com

Thanks to so many people for making my week of "hardship" such a heaven in this difficult and  potentially hellish remote area 😂
I'm hopeful the hotel will sponsor me a room as today is a special day! Can my team of over 40 years... Liverpool beat Real Madrid to win the European Cup/ Champions League and become the Eurolean champions for the sixth time 😂 I hope to see it on tv at 4am!
Belated congrats to my rugby team, Leinster who recently also became European champions for the fourth time 😂
So, many people to thank.  Details to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment