Saturday, May 27, 2017

World walk blog Australia 7


Friday a big 13 hour, 56 kilometre day to finish in a campground. I started at 5:45am. At that early hour two kangaroos jumped across the road about a hundred metres in front of me. Unfortunately, I wasn't fast on the draw with my camera. Not many secluded camping places. There was a rain water well there; so we filled up our water containers, treated it and are back to 120 litres. That's what we started out with from Norseman eight days ago. Enough for two weeks at our current consumption. Three weeks if in the unlikely event of me giving up tea and coffee 😂😰 Extreme athletes break all the rules 😀
The roadhouses are experiencing a shortage due to drought conditions. We were refused water at Balladonia roadhouse.
With an estimated 20 days required to cross the Nullarbor Michael Gillan queried what I meant when I added " Plus two days margin"
Well humans can go three days without water before dying lol 😀😂🤑😓😜😩😬😂🐫💦☔️
Michael discovered a hillock and dragged me over to it kicking and screaming for after almost 15,000 kms from Dublin this 100 metres was too far, " It's not on my route Michael and I have to walk all the way back!😂"
Then he said. " I declare this Mount Mangan!"
Later, thankfully I was out walking when he discovered another of my conquests, Lake Mangan 😀
A six-thirty early start today, breakfast after 15kms and am now at 21 km today, only 19 to Caiguna

No comments:

Post a Comment