Sunday, October 21, 2018

My world walk blog China part two #30

My world walk blog China part two #30


Based on a Facebook post 

Saturday was another uneventful day. Once again nothing to report from my 28-kilometre clip along Route 325. 
Guangxi province is one of five autonomous regions in China. These autonomous regions have their own local governments and have more legislative rights than other provinces.
 Feeling a bit unmotivated I took Sunday off to catch up on some stuff. 
I'm about two road days away from overtaking 
Jean Beliveau's 75,550-kilometre lifetime total of (VERIFIED and scrutinised) expedition kilometres made by foot. Jean is currently in second place and he did this on his eleven-year world walk. He is now retired and living near Montreal. Earlier this year  Masahito Yoshida surpassed Jean's total before he clocked out in his native Japan with 77,500 amassed from a world walk and also a walk the full length of the Americas. I understand he may return to the road but only after a very long break. Perhaps I will have passed his total by then, let's see but I hope he will still be there when I arrive in his hometown in a few months time. 
As regular readers will know the distance of my world run was exactly 50,000 kilometres, and not a metre more! I have walked 25,504 kilometres on this world walk so far. So that's 75,504 for me. 
Please remember that life is precious and early cancer screening saves lives

No comments:

Post a Comment