Saturday, July 29, 2017

Beyond Morgan


I have arrived in Morgan, a small picturesque town, en route to Renmark. After that it's Mildura. It was a tough three days pushing Karma, my cart. Not sure if I am out of shape after three and a half month rest from her. I felt the effort in my 32,31 22 kilometre days from Burra. Five hours today, a short one. Just had a huge burger. Thanks to Heather and Dave, owners of the campsite for a complimentary stay. 
Due to lack of power my updates will be sporadic

Later...

Then a late start after a huge fry up
An early finish due to rain
Camping 24 km east of Morgan
I had a great chat with two Aussie cyclists called Chris and Jo
They mentioned that in many rural areas the government doesn't build expensive bridges. They say it's cheaper to provide a 24 hour free ferry service. I took an alternative road east.
The women went on to say that a new law where motorists must provide (one metre for cars and one and a half for trucks)  a clearing space when overtaking. It is seriously enforced and they said is making a huge difference.
There is a complaint phone line to report bad drivers. I love it 😂😅
When I was returning to Melbourne with Michael Gillan after he got ill; I dropped some food and water off at a few km posts. The one pictured was put in a hedge at Km 18 beyond Morgan. I took what I needed and left the rest for the next walker, runner or cyclist.

No comments:

Post a Comment