Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Australia blog # 8 Thoughts from the road

Thoughts from the road.
I lived most of my life confused. Almost like I was riding two horses. The horse of comfort sometimes urged me to settle down into a steady relationship, just like everyone else. There were times when I galloped off like a nomad into the sunset, only to return to my stable. Somehow, after many years it seemed that this rider was finally unseated. I guess I grabbed the stirrup and rode the road towards freedom. Almost as if I stood up on the saddle and jumped off onto the road, my ultimate destiny. Wherever I may roam. The road has become my dream, my feet have become my means. I walk with an eye for detail, a nose of curiosity and hopefully a heart of love. For it seems I was born a wandering star, destined to travel, wherever I leave my head.
This walk has been more meditative than my world run. I have so much more time to reflect on the world I walk around and my life in general. I have found a deep tranquility, a calmness like I have never known before.
Road days = 378 Total distance walked = 14,879 kilometres
Website = www.myworldwalk.com
Thank you for your visit.
Remember that Life is precious and early cancer screening can save your life.
Please feel free to share, like and comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment