Thursday, April 14, 2016

April 12th & 13th, 2016




 April 13th, 2016

Please feel free to share!
 
I am walking around the world for cancer awareness. 
My message is: Life is precious, early checking saves lives.
 
My proposed route for the next six months as far as the Russian/Mongolian border. As in the photo the 'Google man' who estimates required walking time must be the worlds greatest endurance athlete; for he never stops to sleep, eat or talk to anyone; five km an hour non stop!
So I better get out of bed, stop being a slacker and make a start on this!
This morning I am very tired as I didn't sleep much on my first night in Poland. I followed that up with 43km on the road yesterday, and I felt it! I am camped in a forest South west of Zdroisko. As in Holland and Germany the forests are pretty bare, so it's difficult to hide, however, I have a great 'feel' for Poland; it's a safe country full of wonderful people smile emoticon
It's after noon!! So far I have had five coffees from my thermos which the friendly staff in McDonald's kindly filled up for me! So as Bob Dylan once sang... " One more cup of coffee for the road!"
Just a reminder to those that joined my walk late that I am already in possession of my Russian, Mongolian and Chinese visas! Please visit my website at www.myworldwalk.com
Ps finally I made it to the road at 13:50, I guess we all need one of those 'lasy days' No I did not misspell that, just trying to oblige, please see 4th picture, that's where I was camped!


 


April 12th, 2016

Thanks for the help Anna Bosak
She used to live in Ireland until two months ago, I didn't know her! I am meeting a lot of people who have worked in Ireland, or know someone that is. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe the Poles are the largest immigrant community in Ireland, even larger than the UK?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment