Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Dublin timeout

Dublin timeout  

Iy was wonderful to get back to Ireland for this break. Its been more than two years since my last visit. That was when my brother Brian died from a sudden heart attack and I travelled back for his funeral.
This time I enjoyed hanging out with my best mate Adair Cowan, and I even did a ten-kilometre canal walk!
Then a journo asked me what did I discover on my world walk and the state of the world. One of. my replies was that:
 There are so many problems out there but please remember to keep smiling and having fun. Let's keep life simple. Its just as easy to have a good attitude as a bad one. And to always dream big. If we can imagine what we want then just find a way to make it happen.

There were some other nights when I just sang along to great live music. Especially on Saturday and Sunday nights in the Brazen Head - Irelands oldest bar, circa 825 years old. 
My favourite nights are Sundays with the Brazen Hussies. The band are great friends of mine and we must know each other for about 5℅ of the time that the Brazen has been in business. 

Another day my sister Ann asked me what I did that day. "Nothing!" I said 
"But you did that the day before!" She replied.
"I wasn't finished!" I said. 
So, the world walker was given Lucky the family dog to walk ðŸ˜‚

Later I went out with Ann and my brother in law, John for another great music night in the Brazen Head. Thanks a million to Eamon Thompson, John O'Callaghan and the rest of the Brazen Hussies for a superb performance. They kindly gave me signed a copy of their latest CD called The Brazen Hussies Remixed Up.

Anotjer night along with my brother-in-law John We attended a fundraising event in the Aviva Stadium for Sean Cox an Irishman who is also a Liverpool supporter. He was injured last year by an Italian hooligan while attending a game at Anfield. Sean has been embraced by the Irish public and all at Liverpool football club and beyond. So it was lovely when a Reds legends team packed with stars from over the last couple of decades came to Dublin and played a fundraiser match with an Irish legends team. Many of the Irish players played for Liverpool in the past and as per true exhibition style, some of them changed sides from time to time during this game. 
As may readers will know, Liverpool is also my team and this night they made yet another comeback escape, lol.
 Keith Andrews put Ireland ahead and this was equalised by a John Aldridge penalty, a typical Aldo shuffle before he planted the ball in the back of the net. Late in the second half  Vladimir Smicer scored the winner for the mighty Reds.
Wishing Sean Cox all the best in his long battle with recovery and strength to him and his family.
Then before I returned to China I had a couple of nigjts out with my family and we celebrated my birthday early. 
I had a great timeout, just what I needed

No comments:

Post a Comment