Wednesday, January 8, 2020

China blog # 69

Just to remind readers:
China blog # 69 

Visa Run to Ireland..

As I'm travelling on a multi-entry Chinese visa I have decided that I want to see more of this amazing country. However, there is only a little more than three weeks left on my current entry. So, it was time to figure out my next visa run! Those of you who are not long-term backpackers, you may wonder what a visa run is. Simply it's leaving a country with the sole intention of only leaving so as to return again. In doing so the traveller has a fresh visa stamp in their passport and the day counter is reset. 
I remember back in 2013 when I was in Indonesia on my world run that I needed another month. So I did a visa run and flew on a budget airline to Singapore. I had a burger in the airport and a couple of hours later I returned to Indonesia with a fresh visa on arrival. 
This time I looked hard and couldn't find a cheap return flight back to any of the cities near my route. It seemed to be a lot of money also. I even considered walking Cambodia as an extra and doing my Chinese visa run that way. At least that would be a bit more value than my other options. At this stage, I got the idea that it's only a little more expensive to return to Ireland. I could take care of some personal business and also pay a visit to my dentist as there is a possibility I may need some dental work done on my big gob soon. Better to have that done with the dentist I know rather than taking my chances over here. 
At this stage, I realised that perhaps a visa run to Hong Kong could have been a cheaper option to some others.. But to hell with it, once I got the idea of doing the visa run to Ireland it was hard to get it out of my mind 😂

Then trying to book the flight with crashing website pages and slow VPNs it was a pain! In the end, I handed it over to my fabulous sister Ann to book me my flight and she even helped me find a cheaper one too! Thanks a zillion, sis 😍 I luv ya! I would be so lost without you even with a GPS Xx 
I can't wait to see everyone back in the Emerald Isle 🍀💚
March 27th I fly Shanghai to Dublin. April 17 its Dublin to Shanghai and back to my route for my walk towards Beijing, the capital and beyond 😂
Thanks to Don Kenny for minding Karma in his office. I will walk about a week with a backpack before I head to Shanghai. It would be so difficult for me to do this without Dons kind offer to mind my cart until I return.

No comments:

Post a Comment