Sunday, October 21, 2018

My world walk China part two #29

My world walk China part two #29


Based on Facebook posts

Back at Kevins house we had lunch and thanks so much to his mother Chen Xuexiang and Sun Jinyun, his father. 

Kevin says that his family are Christians and I ask if they celebrate Christmas
 He said no that in the Bible there is a discrepancy as the Christmas season is 
 out of kilter with the farming season and it certainly wasn't Dec 25th.
I agree and add that its a compromise date and even more so Easter, lol which is a different date every year. I ask if there is any government interference. No, none at all said Kevin that the government are allowing some nearby churches to be built.

34 kilometres today from Hepu to Zhakou. 
Walking through a village one young lad who spoke good English asked me if I needed any help. I was up for a chat so I asked if there was anywhere to get coffee and that I would treat him. He rushed away and came back with three bottles of Nescafe cold coffee. What kindness even though I meant hot coffee. I must be the only one here who prefers it that way! 
Ofttimes when I stop at a cafe and see pictures of the food they sell I take a picture of my selection. Then I show my picture inside. One would imagine that would be the end of it but there is usually a volley of further questions and I have no idea what they are saying. Perhaps they are asking about how spicey or other ingredients I just nod a yes to everything!. One Euro for this beef, noodle and veg lunch. 
After lunch, a jolly looking man jumped off his strangely packed bicycle and rushed across the road to give me a hug! Then he wanted to know where I was from and where I was going. I'm pretty tuned in to this line of questioning and no matter what their language is, when people are talking amongst themselves I always know when they are asking about my nationality. I was able to tell him about my mission by Google Translate but unfortunately he didn't understand when I asked him.
 I suspect he is Chinese and has been travelling around the country for a long time. This man refused my offer of a bottle of coffee and a large red apple.
Then after dusk, I stopped at a petrol station in Zhakou and a nice man walked with me for ten minutes to show me a cheap hotel. This one was above a pharmacy store and I would never have found it on my own for the signage was different to standard hotel signs. I remember experiencing this on my last trip to China that many many bed nights were obtained from places that resembled stores. 
Total 25,446 myworldwalk.com kilometres for 731 road days.

No comments:

Post a Comment