Thursday, January 24, 2019

My world walk blog - Taiwan #11

My world walk blog - Taiwan #11

Then an easy 15-kilometre day and it was time to celebrate a new record claim!
It was in southern Taiwan near Checheng at kilometre post marker #9 on route 26 where I clocked up kilometre 27,501 of this world walk. That distance combined with the 50,000 kilometres (and not a metre more) on my world run between 2010/2014 has given me a total of 77,501 expedition kilometres (circa (48,500 miles) on foot.


This breaks the tough world record of Masahito Yoshida, my Japanese world walker friend for the most known and verified expedition kilometres on foot! 😂 A record like this is just a nice distraction. The most important thing for me has always been the 'smiles in the miles' And OMG have I had a lot and so many fantastic memories too 😂 Not to mention meeting so many wonderful people and making so many good friends. 😍
Thanks to everyone over the years for all of your help. Whether you just stopped to offer me encouragement, water, a snack, a bed, shelter, a meal. Thanks so much for any other help and you may think some of your help was insignificant but please it never was.. All of your super-duper help and effort you have expended was all part of this team effort and was so vital 💚
Thanks a million to those of you have supported me, believed in me and sponsored me especially Richard Donovan. Thanks so much to Michael Gillan for his self-less kind and fantastic crew help on both of my Australia crossings. Thanks to my fabulous sister Ann Salmon for her valuable help with many issues back in Ireland. Thanks to Scott Richards my long-suffering webmaster of myworldwalk.com. Massive thanks to Tina King-Garde aka Tee Kay Gee for her kind help. My thanks to the wonderful  Benjamin Kniebe, who is my map man and great helper with some research. Thank you from the bottom of my heart to each and every one of you my great supporters and followers for your support. I love you all 😍💚🌷 I am so lucky to have you. But most of all thanks to everyone who has taken my cancer awareness message advice: Life is precious and early cancer screening saves lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment